SUPPORT LA*SURFPUNK THE MENS STORE

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $1, $5, $10, EVEN $20....

AD SENSE

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CONDE BAR




Here are a couple of sweet treats from the world of Conde Nast:

First:

AnnER is going to be a guest on David Letterman, August 24th.


Second:

John Koblin, The New York Observer, did a wonderful piece on Conde Nast.  The story takes a hard look at the upper crust having to dine in the cafeteria and small perks eliminated, like no more Fiji water or Nobu lunches expensed on accounts.

Here are some tidbits of what Koblin writes:


“I saw Graydon [Carter] in the cafeteria this week!” said one business-side insider, last Friday. “In all my years here, I’ve never seen him in my life there. He was behind me in the line at checkout with his little swipe card. He was milling around uncomfortably with the commoners.”



“When I started, there was this little refrigerator, and it was stocked with amazing drinks,” said one ad-sales source. “Pellegrino, Orangina, Red Bull. And like the water wasn’t Poland Spring, it was like Fiji. I remember when I started working here, I emailed everyone I know and I was like, ‘I have to tell you about the drinks!’”

But then in December, a few months after Condé Nast ordered publishers and editors to cut 5 percent from their budgets, the drink supply emptied out. That Fiji water turned into Poland Spring. Worse, instead of the fridge, the water bottles were stowed in a warm closet.






If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK THE MENS STORE--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments: