SUPPORT LA*SURFPUNK THE MENS STORE

ANY AMOUNT WOULD HELP FROM $1, $5, $10, EVEN $20....

AD SENSE

Friday, February 5, 2010

A TWITTERIFIC ACCOUNT OF EVENTS



In case you missed Donna Karan's lecture at Parsons the New School for Design, here's a summation via Donna Karan's Public Relation twitter account.

The lecture was to celebrate the launch of Parson's new MFA program in Fashion Design and Society.

As you know, LA*SURFPUNK   is a HUGE fan of Donna Karan... 7 easy pieces...7 easy ways into our hearts.  We've been following the fashion deity ever since the late 70s at her longtime employer Anne Klein.



  1. "The idea of plus sizes is old fashioned. We should all be able to take the same piece of fabric and wrap it around us"- Donna Karan
  2. "I went 2 Turkey and ran smack into DKNY. We need to preserve cultures. We need to go back to our roots & keep our uniquenss"- Donna Karan
  3. "Getting back to the earth is so impt. But its hard to work in Blk in an organic fabric. But I look forward to learning"- Donna Karan
  4. "People say to me, I have this garment for 20years & I say to myself, why do I design anymore. Luxury products last"- Donna Karan
  5. "The way that a fabric gets developed in luxury- is like that special painting. I am not being a snob- there just is a difference"- DK
  6. "I am fabric addict. I celebrate what goes into fabric. When I see something being sewn, there is so much soul being put into that"- DK
  7. "We have to be inspired by the past, live in the present & look to the future" -Donna Karan
  8. "I failed draping and I had to go to summer school" - Donna Karan
  9. "You can't just be a designer- there's a reason & a need. Look at what's missing. That's the answer to a successful business"- Donna Karan
  10. "Creativity is one of the highest blessings one can have. You can't learn creativity"- Donna Karan
  11. "Its not good enough to think oh we're creative, let make a garment. It needs to have a purpose"- Donna Karan
  12. "We are killing our own industry. There is too much information out there. We r letting people copy designs that were in work 4 a year"- DK
  13. "I don't want consumers to see what's going to be in store in August- its confusing"- Donna Karan
  14. "I was a pure Armani fan. My husband wore Armani & I am was very happy w/ it. Why would I go into mens?"- Donna Karan
  15. 'How do we want 2 touch another human being- I think we r moving into a larger realm of what it means 2 make a garment. What r we saying'-DK
  16. "Philanthropy to me is not about joining a charity, its about thinking about the person next to u and what their life is about"- Donna Karan
  17. The day of Sept 11 was the day of the DKNY runway show. We were supposed to show in the Armory. We turned the Armory over to be a triage-
  18. Donna Karan New York, NY was the inspiration that grounded the name. Donna didn't think her name was enough-
  19. Donna Karan started 7th On Sale to galvanize the community to fight AIDS. They raised 4million $ in three days.
  20. "Our social responsibility as designers is bigger than ever before"- Donna Karan
  21. Donna Karan gave birth to Gabby & had to got back to work the next day b/c Anne Klein was in the hospital. Anne Klein died that day..
  22. 'What fashion is rt now to me is social consciousness. I go on many journeys 2 be inspired by the cultures around us. My heart goes out'- DK
  23. "I think women need to be celebrated. Its never about the clothes, for me its about the person & how she feels on the inside"- Donna Karan.
  24. "I want to create pieces that have longevity"- Donna Karan
  25. "I started the 7 easy pieces b/c I didn't want to take the time to think about what I needed to wear" -DK
  26. Donna Karan originally wanted to be a fashion illustrator. She went to WWD for a job and they told her to think about doing something else-
  27. The New School says Donna Karan's vision and support has shaped this graduate program-






If you enjoyed this post, other posts and enjoy reading LA*SURFPUNK THE MENS STORE--Please take a moment to make a donation to keep this blog alive!!! You can click the donate button at the top right of the page. We thank you!!




Read more of my blog by clicking the title or subject listings on the right.

Email friends of my postings with the EMAIL icon at the bottom of each post.

And as always, feel free to comment.










Member of the Boxxet Network of Blogs, Videos and Photos

No comments: